Currently taking bookings for Wheeled users only. Due to the challenging terrain, participants must be assessed before booking is confirmed.
Meet at the small carpark at the end of the single track private lane off Wear Bay Rd (next to Martello Tower and small wooden hut marked PRIVATE ROAD ACCESS ONLY).
The Warren, Folkestone CT19 6NQ
What 3 Words: earliest/approvals/vest
Grid Ref: TR 24650 37711 / TR246377
Google Map Shortcut
NOTE: This is on the left hand track adjacent to the railway. NOT right hand turn down to Folkestone Caravan Campsite, see Image for Entrance to site.
The description below covers all accessibilities, as we hope to include a wider participation in future.
Independence rating #3 RED Independence ratings
This route has some uneven surfaces and slopes. If seating is required then please bring Rollator with incorporated seating or Walking stick with seat. We can provide these on a first come first served basis.
Mobility / Sensory Accessibility
- SEATING: Portable Seating required. Seating spots only on sea wall.
- NOISE: Near to sea, so sound of the waves and occasional Aircraft flying above. Tour guide listening devices available. Bring own noise cancelling headphones to block background noise if required.
- Loop Hearing devices also available for use with hearing aids.
- Audio Description / Magnifying Glasses available for visual impairments.
Parking / Transport Access
- There is safe parking suitable for Disabled use, in the small Car Park Subject to availability.
- Nearest Bus stop in Wear Bay Road / Warren Road
Highlights of Location
- Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI)and Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB), Award winning Heritage Coast (Lonely Planet Guide).
- Sea view overlooking France on a clear day
- Views overlooking White Cliffs of Dover
- Chalk Grassland
- Spectacular views
- Interesting and some rare Wildlife
- Historical and Geological Interest
- Disabled Toilets Nearby on Wear Bay Road (Jocks Pitch) RADAR key required.
- Restaurant / Cafe located at nearby Caravan sites Open seasonally. Nearby Folkestone has lots of amenities to offer.